Our Basic Newspaper Advertising Sales Course
Ad sales training to help you to start selling fast in your new territory
This is a sample showing just the first four chapters of this course. Buy the full course here starting at $59
© 2015 Robert McInnis Consulting
The circulation department takes care of everything after the newspaper is printed. This includes delivering the publication to homes through their own or third-party carriers, to the post office to be mailed into homes, as well as to newsstands, vending machines, and other places it's distributed.
They're also the department responsible for encouraging people to start or keep reading the print and digital editions.
Since people are constantly moving out of the area or canceling subscriptions for other reasons, the circulation department is always working to bring in new people through telemarketing, direct mail, and advertising campaigns in print and multiple digital platforms.
You'll may see them at major community events promoting your newspaper and often sponsoring the event itself. Although typically advertising sales brings in about 75% of all newspaper revenue and circulation brings in the other 25%, without the circulation department, nobody would be reading the paper and therefore no ads could be sold.
Your Publication: The Circulation Department
ABOUT THIS SITE | This site is the home of Bob McInnis' Response Oriented Selling newspaper ad sales training program. It also shares a number of insights as well as offers a basic new hires program for brand new ad reps just looking to stabilize their territory.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
OR CONTACT US DIRECTLY
Download our free e-book
What's in it?
A free, 25-page e-book to ensure your next training initiative is an unprecedented success.
©2015 Robert McInnis Consulting
All rights reserved.